With Uber and Lyft no longer operating within the Austin city limits, getting around Austin last month proved to be a challenge. However, new rideshare companies that comply with city regulations are in full operational swing. Whether you’re a local or visiting from out of town, below are Austin’s newest transportation options:
- Fare: This rideshare app lets you schedule your ride instantly or up to seven days in advance. There is no surge pricing, and you can request your favorite drivers directly.
- Fasten: Based on distance and time, Fasten is often a lower cost option than other rideshares and you can view how you’re being charged while en route.
- Get Me: Now operating in Austin, Get Me uses only fully vetted and insured drivers. You also have the option to select the size of car you need – limos included.
- Ride Austin: A non-profit transportation network company, built by local engineers specially to serve the Austin community, Ride promises to have lower fares. Ride also lets you round up your fare to donate to a local charity of your choice.
- Wingz: This new rideshare app is perfect for frequent fliers. Wingz lets you schedule rides to and from the airport and provides the actual price before taking the ride. There is no surge pricing and you can request your favorite driver.