The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) regulates real estate brokers and sales agents, real estate inspectors, easement and right-of-way agents, and timeshare interest providers.

You can find more information and check the status of a license holder at You can send a complaint against a license holder to TREC.

You can send a complaint against a license holder to TREC. A complaint form is available on the TREC website.

TREC administers the real estate recovery trust account which may be used to satisfy a civil court judgment against a broker, sales agent, or easement or right-of-way agent, if certain requirements are met. Real estate inspectors are required to maintain errors and omissions insurance to cover losses arising from the performance of a real estate inspection in a negligent or incompetent manner.

Please note: Inspectors may limit liability through provisions in the contract or inspection agreement between the inspector and their clients. Please be sure to read any contract or agreement carefully. If you do not understand any terms or provisions, consult an attorney.

If you have questions or issues about the activities of a license holder, the complaint process, or the recovery trust account, please visit the website or contact TREC at:

Texas Real Estate Commission

P.O. Box 12188
Austin, Texas 78711-2188