Whether you’re a seasoned ACL veteran or a first-timer, the Austin City Limits festival can be a little overwhelming. Check below for our tips and tricks on what to bring, where to eat, and where to stay. For more ACL information and the performance lineup, please visit HERE.
ACL Guide: Where To Stay
From boutique hotels in eclectic neighborhoods to swanky downtown properties, here are a few of our favorite hotels that offer more than just a comfy bed.
Hotel Magdalena | A distinct hotel from Austin’s acclaimed Bunkhouse! This South Congress hotel features four buildings connected by exposed elevated walkways and courtyards, creating a treehouse feel inside the grounds.
1101 Music Ln | 512.442.1000
Hotel Saint Cecilia | A secluded luxury hotel in the heart of Austin’s South Congress District. The 14 room property, situated on an 1880 estate, is a tribute to rock and roll opulence, and royal elegance.
112 Academy Dr | 512.852.2400
The LINE Austin | At the crossroads where Lady Bird Lake meets downtown, the LINE Austin draws influence from both the surrounding natural beauty and the creative energy that fuels the city.
111 E Cesar Chavez St | 512.478.9611
Thompson Austin | Located in the music and entertainment district of downtown Austin, Thompson Austin is a sophisticated urban getaway for locals and visitors to let loose and enjoy all that Austin has to offer.
506 San Jacinto Blvd | 737.787.1234
ACL Guide: What To Bring
In addition to your festival wristband, we recommend bringing the following items.
Some of the most comfortable shoes ever! Visit Allbirds’s SoCo store where their one-of-a-kind retail experience meets Austin’s one-of-a-kind culture.
1011 S Congress Ave | 737.219.0070
Great for sitting on when you need a break from standing. Also, a blanket will be less cumbersome than a chair and ACL provides lockers if you don’t want to carry it around.
2727 Exposition Blvd | 512.474.7685
Face mask. Headband. Sun shield. The uses are endless. Made with recycled REPREVE® Performance Microfiber that provides UPF 50 protection no matter how you wear it.
1333 S Congress Ave #110 | 512.575.8080
Stylish and on the allowed to bring in list. These clear bags are designed with stadium bag policies in mind. Just make sure your clear bag does not exceed 12″ x 12″ x 6″.
4410 Burnet Rd Suite C | 512.472.5762
These high-quality sunglasses are both stylish and durable. You can also enjoy life without the fear of breaking the frame because Krewe offers a replacement pair should the frames get damaged.
1503 S Congress Ave | 504.459.1450
The only prestige skincare brand 100% dedicated to suncare, making it easy to incorporate UV protection into your daily routine. All sunscreens have to be in a non-aerosol container and 3.4 ounces or less.
Take advantage of the refill stations and keep your drinks cold long past sundown. All water bottles must be completely empty before entering the park.
220 S Congress Ave | 512.640.7249
ACL Guide: What To Eat
ACL offers a surprising amount of food and drink, most of them hyperlocal. Take the opportunity to try a spot you’ve never been to before and always try to dine during off times.
ACL Guide: Tips and Tricks
Just a few more tips and tricks to easily navigate the two weekends!
– Don’t forget your Festival Wristband
– There is no local requirement to provide a Negative COVID-19 test result, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record for entry at this event
– Austin Kiddie Limits will return this year
– Use the Lady Bird Lake side entrance (near the Mopac pedestrian bridge) for a shorter wait time and quicker entry
– There’s no parking available, so plan to take a rideshare, scooter, or jump on the shuttle that picks up at Republic Square Park
– Screenshot the ACL lineup performance times and make it your Lock Screen
– Hand sanitizer and tissues will save you after using the port-o-potties
– If you want a closer spot for a specific performance, prepare to head over at least 30 minutes beforehand
– Wear comfy shoes you won’t mind getting dirty
– Drink a bunch of water on festival mornings to prepare and help you stay hydrated
– Avoid leaving your phone in your back pocket or backpack to prevent theft