359 FM 969 $2,670,000
4,988 SF (bcad)
22.398 acres (bcad)
River and Hill Country
Area: OTHER, SURROUNDING
ZIP Code: 78602
Property Type: Farm/Ranch
Half Bathrooms: 2
Living Areas: 3
Square Footage: 4,988 SF (bcad)
Lot Size: 22.398 acres (bcad)
Year Built: 2004
View: River and Hill Country
School District: Bastrop ISD
Elementary School: Mina
Middle School: Bastrop
High School: Bastrop
This one of a kind property is situated on the banks of the coveted Colorado River just 25 minutes from Austin Bergstrom International Airport and within 5 minutes of downtown Bastrop. The 22 acres include a spring fed lake, large garden area with raised beds, 3 wells, an exceptional workshop with covered area for farm equipment, and a beautiful Spanish home. The 609 feet of river frontage and large tree shaded area along its banks provide for swimming, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and picnicking.
Perfect for horses, longhorn cattle, or just the pure pleasure of admiring native wildlife and birds, the property has an existing agricultural exemption currently used for raising hay. The acreage is covered with native wildflowers and grasses as well as many different types of native trees including bald cypress, ash, cedar elm, box elder, dogwood, sycamore, post oaks, and majestic pecan trees.
The unique home includes authentic, Spanish architecture, tiled floors, plaster, dramatic ceilings, hand-carved doors, multiple fireplaces, private master, chef’s kitchen, two large living areas, sunroom/study, powder room, and two secondary bedrooms. The outdoor area features a large pool, fire pit, and covered patio surrounded by towering trees for endless hours of barbecuing, swimming, and nights around the fire.
The property lies on the right bank of the Colorado in the lower corner of Stephen F. Austin’s Little Colony of 1827. Immediately across the river on the left bank is the northern limit of Austin’s 1823 Empresario grant from Mexico known as Austin’s Original Colony.
The ponds on this and the adjacent property receive water from a historic spring known as Burleson Springs and named for General Ed Burleson, an original Bastrop resident and the soldier to whom Santa Ana presented his sword after the Texian victory at San Jacinto.
Following the Texas Declaration of Independence, the first Texas Congress (1838) determined to find a more hospitable climate than what they described as the swampy and mosquito-infested area of Houston for the new nation’s capital. The people of Bastrop immediately formulated a lobbying campaign to win the selection of the new capital.
Congressman Burleson reported to Congress: Bastrop offered 4 leagues of land “beautifully timbered with Pine Sedar, oak-hickory and well-watered. There is a fine Spring about two and a half miles north of Bastrop. The springs have been referred to as “Burleson” ever since.
Co-listed with Mark Giesecke, REALTOR® | All American Home and Ranch Sales